You are on: Home > General Page Title
Wm Sugdens & Sons Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and appears on the Data Protection Register with the following registration number ZA206827.
At Wm Sugdens & Sons Limited we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and fully complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for purposes of data protection and privacy. Wm Sugdens will never sell your data to other companies.
Please take the time to read and understand this policy and bear in mind that by using our websites, contacting us by telephone or providing information by way of social media, you agree to its terms.
The data protection relationship with Wm Sugdens
Dependant on the nature of the services we are providing you, Wm Sugdens may act as a data controller or as your data processor.
When we are acting as data controller (for example, when providing you with a service) we will ensure that our personal data processing activities comply with the obligations laid out within the GDPR.
If we are ever processing personal data on your behalf as a data processor (for example, when providing bespoke clothing services) then we will work with you to ensure that the processing is GDPR compliant.
If you are unsure about what data protection role Wm Sugdens is playing when providing you with your services, then please contact email@example.com for more specific advice.
Wm Sugdens has developed policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure continued compliance with the GDPR and its principles, including staff training, policy documents, audit measures and assessments.
Ensuring and maintaining the security and safety of personal and/or special category data belonging to the individuals with whom we deal is paramount to our company ethos. Wm Sugdens adheres to the GDPR and its associated principles in all processes and functions.
Privacy by design
Wm Sugdens has implemented the ‘Privacy by Design’ methodology for product and service development to enable us to ensure compliance with any privacy requirements.
What information do we collect from you and when?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We collect information about you when you place an order or enquire about a product or service you may require from us. This includes personal information such as your name, job title, address, phone number and email address.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may collect details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data
- We may also receive your information from another company that you have consented with for them to share your data
- We process payment details through third parties. We need to process your credit or debit card details so that we can take payment and provide you with a receipt.
- We may also collect data from business cards received at trade shows and other industry events
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves
- To process, fulfil and keep a record of your order and to deliver your purchases to you
- To contact you regarding your order or account
- For internal record keeping
- To send you service messages such as updates by text or email
- To allow accounts to issue invoices allowing for payment of goods
- To take payments and issue refunds through secure third party companies
- To reply to any questions ,issues or complaints that you have contacted us about
- To respond to any social media posts or to interact with you by using ‘like’, ‘Retweet’ and ‘share’ tools
- To gather statistics about how you and other people use our website
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising
- To provide you with periodic communications by email about products, services and special offers
- To maintain a customer/business relationship
Where do we store the information we collect from you?
We store personal information securely within our own systems in the UK or within the systems of our suppliers and service providers. Sometimes the information we collect will be securely transferred, stored and used outside the European Economic area.
Who do we share your information with?
We share your information with:
- Third parties who help us provide our website services to you. For example, they include payment service companies that make it easy for you to use your credit or payment cards with us or delivery companies who deliver your goods to you
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies and website hosts who help us run our business
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites. These companies, not us, control these platforms therefore we are not responsible for this kind of sharing. Please review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms that you use
- Credit reference agencies, who supply anti-fraud and credit-insight information to us and banks and finance companiesthat also provide anti-fraud services
How long do we keep your information?
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will hold on to your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations.
After that retention period we will either delete it or anonymise (where necessary) it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
Legal basis for processing:
We collect and process personal information for a number of reasons including to enter into and perform our contract with you, to comply with legal obligations, to provide a service which you have consented to and for legitimate business interests.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information. If you have any worries, queries or complaints about the way we use your information, please do not hesitate to get in touch using the contact details below. Your rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it where we have no compelling reason for its processing
- The right to stop direct marketing messages
- The right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
We may use your data to enable us to send you email newsletters (if you have opted in) with information about our products, services and news which may be of interest to you.
We provide you with a way for you to stop all email communications you receive from us at any time. If you wish for email communications to stop, please see the ‘unsubscribe’ link that we include in each email.
You can also contact us at any time using the details below and let us know exactly what you would like us to change.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
If we make significant changes, we will make it clear and inform you where possible so that you can check to see if you are still happy to continue to use our website and services.
Data breach notification
Wm Sugdens & Sons Limited will if required, notify the ICO Office of any data breach within 72hours as per the guidelines.
We also implement contractual requirements on any third-party data processors we appoint to process data on our behalf such as delivery services and logistics partners.
Wm Sugdens & Sons Limited
PO Box 1
Thornes Lane Wharf
Tel: +44 (0)1924 375951
Registered in England No: 540051